NPI / Manufacturing Engineer
£35,000 - £40,000
Our client is seeking an experienced engineer an experienced engineer to join their project and manufacturing team. Due to considerable growth and ever increasing customer order, this could be a very advantageous time to join this manufacturing establishment.
A self-motivated autonomous individual is required to fill this demanding position in a demanding period of growth.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills with clients, customers and colleagues are paramount in order for candidates to be successful. The ability to analyse data, technical specifications and communicate to all levels.
• Manage the allocated project through structured gated process from concept/quotation to production-handover.
• Plan, coordinate, implement and finalise projects according to specifications and deadlines, while maintaining the project performance indices i.e. Quality, Cost & Delivery
• Technical decisions/guidance and flow down of projects requirements to Suppliers. These include (but not limited to); tool and fixture manufacturing designs, machining requirements, drawings, CAD models, Contract/Condition of Supply requirements.
• Support of production line tooling and equipment to support manufacturing processes.
• Lead team meetings to facilitate communication between organisations and functions as required meeting program timing objectives.
• Carry out process validation for new/existing manufacturing processes to meet customer requirements. Use of FMEA activities.
• Preparation of Control documents/work instructions and provide technical support to production departments when necessary.
• With help of Calibration Engineers, perform SPC study to understand the process trend and agree mitigation plans.
• Manage FPA (Fixed Process Documentation) and Product qualification documentation for various clients.
• Generate and issue Component Inspection report, FAIR reports and manage PPAP process (if applicable)
• Act with integrity, competence and respect towards colleagues and customers.
• Comply with AS9100 and 9102 requirement on all projects and processes.
Skills Experience Required
• Engineering degree ideally Aerospace or manufacturing.
• Ideally 3+ years' experience in Engineering and or Manufacturing
• Project management experience, the ability to chair project review meetings CATIA preferred but others are acceptable too
• Awareness / exposure to direct communication with OEM customers.
• Interpretation of drawings (ASME and ISO) & GD &T, technical specifications, and product control documentation.
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal. Fluency in written and spoken English
• Flexibility to travel & a Clean driving license
Skills Experience Desired
• Previous experience within Castings, Wax Injection Tooling (or other tooling experience also preferred) and gauge/fixture design and awareness.
• Experience working with projects in APQP/PPAP environment is preferred, but not essential.
• Use of PFMEA/DFMEA/Control plan tools & risk management techniques.
• Experience using statistical techniques (SPC's, Gauge R & R). Awareness of measurement and calibration standards.
A tier one supplier of flight critical parts to the Aerospace industry, operating on an international level, supplying into Airbus, Boeing, Rolls Royce, BAE etc
Branch Locator:Please select a branch then click the "GO" button on the right.