The Role: Technical Gas Engineer
Hours: 8.30 am - 5 pm
Fantastic opportunity to join a prestigious client as a Technical Gas Engineer.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Handle all technical queries relating to gas products from trade, retail customers, installers and service engineers on product range.
- Attend problematic installations when required.
- Provide sales team with updates on product information.
Product Surveillance and Certification:
- Manage the product surveillance audits in compliance with the Gas Appliance regulation.
- Work with various notified bodies in relation to all gas products including testing and certification of new products.
- Conducting internal audits of appliances and attending external audits at various locations.
- Finding technical solutions for anomalies found in audits.
- Amending designs/configuration of appliances as required in conjunction with drawings engineer. Documenting all changes and notify notified body when required.
- Updating technical files and user/installation manuals for all products.
Manage and Run Centre of Excellence:
- Use the centre for technical calls/issues via video link.
- Provide training for retailers/installers and sales staff.
- General upkeep of the centre.
Liaison with Production, Procurement and Warranties:
- Production - provide information on materials, drawings, amendments and procedures. Visit various suppliers when required including overseas travel.
- Procurement - advise on materials and specification to be purchased.
- Warranties - assist warranties supervisor on warranty claims.
- Ensure all testing equipment is calibrated and up to date.
Inspection/Testing and Remedial Works:
- Inspect and test returned products, produce reports on faults.
- Carry out remedial works on appliances.
Research and Development of new and existing products:
- Undertake research and development of new products from brief to prototype to production.
- Internal testing of developments through to CE type testing with notified bodies.
- Producing user and installation manuals for all new products.
- Upkeep of gas qualifications and accreditation's for domestic ACS gas and LPG.
- Keeping up to date with all relevant industry European and National Regulations and Standards including: Gas Appliance Regulations; Eco directives; British Standards; Building Regulations.
- Receive and track incoming customer issues.
- Assist customers - troubleshoot issues they encounter
- In the event of being unable to resolve issues immediately, provide the customer with a recovery plan and follow up.
- Use the resources within the company to assist in resolving customer issues.
- Handle customer escalations when required.
- Other responsibilities or tasks that are within your skills and abilities, whenever reasonably instructed
Apply Now or Call Clare 01623 510294
Travail Employment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.