Project Planner / Planning Manager /...
Project Planner / Planning Manager / Project Controller
Job number: 73007791
- Sheffield Branch
- Permanent, Full Time
- £30,000 to £32,000 per annum
- + Plus bonus
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 negotiable depending on experience
Benefits: 33 days holiday including bank holidays, profit related bonus, contributory pension, charity events, on site kitchen facilities and free car parking
Duration: Permanent Opportunity
Hours: Monday - Friday (includes early Friday finish)
We have a unique role to join a well established, global, project based manufacturing business in the heart of Sheffield. This is a rare opportunity to join a company whom has excellent staff retention rates and whom has exciting plans for the rest of the year and well into 2020! This role is easily accessible from Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley and surrounding areas.
The successful candidate will be joining a company that is benefiting from recent investment and whom have positive growth and development plans for the future. It can also offer the opportunity to develop this role and develop current systems to improve production processes through the implementation of a new ERP system.
This is a stand alone Project Planner / Project Coordinator / Project Controller role and you will have full accountability and responsibility for all planning. You will be based within the Production Office working within an office of 7. This is a hands on role which will involve being heavily present on the shop floor. This role requires an individual with experience of having sole responsibility of managing projects from conception through to completion. You will have a strong understanding of manufacturing processes in order to be effective in this role.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Making adjustments to production plans in response to any issues including machinery breakdowns, staffing issues, deliveries etc.
- Managing capacities including holidays, shutdown periods, sub contractors and breakdowns
- Managing KPI's related to production and planning processes
- Managing subcontract activity and liaising directly with them e.g. heat treatment
- Attending daily production meetings to discuss current orders and planning requirements and actively raise any issues or concerns regarding orders
- Developing production schedules include Works orders, routings, BOM's
- Actively contribute towards improving OTIF through accurate and responsive planning
- Responding to contract reviews through planning adjustments
- Updating and maintaining spreadsheets relating to order progress and planning issues
Other key skills required include:
- Experience of managing multiple projects at once
- Experience of bespoke manufacturing
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Previous experience in a similar hands on role
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Strong Excel skills
- Tenacious attitude to work
- Excellent communication skills
Please email your CV application or if you would like to speak us regarding this opportunity please call or Charlie on 0114 276 8228.
Travail Employment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.