Job number: 34000160
- Doncaster Branch
- Permanent, Full Time
- Please enquire
- + Well established modern company, Fantastic learning environment & chance to develop in other areas
Engineering Environment, maximum development
- Doncaster -
£min wage for your age plus benefits, Mon- Fri, days only
• Apprentice Machinist
• Salary is minimum wage for your age whilst completing apprenticeship
• 39 Hours per week
• 8am-5pm Monday - Thursday
• 8am-1pm Friday
• Holidays - 33 days per year (25+8 saving 3 or 4 for Christmas)
• 3% contributory company pension after probation period
• All tools and equipment supplied by the company
• Occupational Health surveillance policy
Our client is a local manufacturer of engineered products. They can boast a workforce so stable that roles like this don't come up very often, however, there is now a rare opportunity for an Apprentice Machinist.
The Apprentice Machinist will develop machining capabilities, skills and abilities through hands on work experience in the workshop and day release at college. You will become a key member of the team learning to undertake the following: -
• Using hand tools such as hacksaw, file, hammer and punch
• Operate machine tools such as lathe, milling machines, (both manual and CNC) boring machines and drilling machines
• Assist with maintenance work on our equipment
• Cut metal plates and section using Bandsaw, cutting disc and guillotines.
• To be aware of health and safety policy and adhere to the standards of industry
• To understand and work from engineering drawings, sketches or verbal instruction
The Apprentice Machinist must have a GCSE grade C or equivalent. If you are interested, please send a full CV and covering letter explaining why you think you would enjoy a career in engineering machining.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an employment agency. Once you click apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant from our team will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear from us within 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you within future relevant opportunities
Travail Employment Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.