Our Newark based client, the leading suppliers in their UK field are seeking an Assistant Manager to join their small team.
You will support the General Manager in day to day office operations. Overseeing and leading the work of staff, you will be responsible for planning and maintaining work systems, procedures, and policies
• Support the General Manager and ensure the office is running smoothly and efficiently and all staff are carrying out job roles.
• Receive and process customer orders, utilise the in-house ordering systems.
• Provide efficient office administration, maintain all client/customer information with the highest levels of confidentiality.
• Identification and development of new business opportunities, including building and maintain strategic business partnerships that will ensure the expansion of the division.
• Assist with the preparation and presentation of reports on the office performance to Managing Director and Board.
• Provide regular feedback on staff and business performance.
• Completion of all monthly and quarterly procedures & reconciliations.
• Responsible for petty cash.
• Monitor Credit control, bad debt & recovery.
• Issue the end of month accounts and statements to customers and reconciliation of customer accounts.
• Weekly banking of cheques and cash including reconciliations.
• Plan, organise and implement weekly staff rota.
• Assist in the recruitment, training and performance management of staff including, annual leave and sick leave
In order to be considered candidates must have;
• G.C.S.E or equivalent English and Maths, grade c or above
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Two years' experience in a similar role or a customer facing role
• Intermediate IT skills including Word and Excel.
• Time management skills
If you are an experienced Assistant Manager looking for a full time role, send your CV to Travail Newark.
Travail are operating as an Employment Agency in this instance.
Travail Employment Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.