Working in our modern and innovative butchery, you will be supervising a small team of up to 15 people but growing fast!
Candidates will need to be physically fit, working a core contract of 46 hours per week, the business operates 6 days out of 7 (Sunday to Friday) and are happy for the right candidate to work any 4 days out of 6 between the hours of 8:30am - 20:30pm, you will receive excellent rates of pay with the opportunity of overtime
You will need experience in butchery, possessing good knife skills and be able to demonstrate core butchery techniques including: carcass breakdown boning, jointing and portion control.
Duties will include:
• Assisting the Master Butcher in managing department inventory, personnel, managing staff rotas, and other operational processes to comply with company quality and standards
• Understanding the entire butchery process and its impact on performance in terms of efficiency, quality, materials, equipment, and gross margin
• Managing the butchery department in absence of the Master Butcher
• Leading and motivating a team of Butchers using strong communicative skills both written and verbal
• Involvement in butchery of all common types of meat (beef, lamb, pork, poultry) in carcass and primal form into products for wholesale
• Producing processed products (mince, burgers, sausages) using butchery machinery
• Adhering to strict hygiene procedures to ensure the facility is maintained to the highest standards and monitoring the butchery team to ensure hygiene is a key priority
• Using the office IT system for processing customer orders and producing product labels
The successful candidate must have a strong work ethic, demonstrate care and attention to detail in their work and must be flexible in their approach to the role and hours of work
To apply for this role please send an up to date CV to email@example.com or call 01476 577248.
This is being advertised on behalf of Travail Employment Group acting as an employment agency in this instance
Travail Employment Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.