Job number: 1519762
- Gloucester Branch
- Permanent, Full Time
- £21,000 to £23,000 per annum
- + pension, uniform, 33 days holiday, canteen
Buyer required for a leading manufacturing company based in Gloucester paying up to £23,000 + pension, 33 days holiday, staff canteen, free uniform and on site parking. Straight day time hours.
Working for a multi site manufacturing company based in Gloucester, your role, as buyer for our client, will be to establish strong working links with internal and external connections, with the aim of attaining continuous cost benefit through the purchase of goods and services. Working for a leading manufacturer you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within the business to achieve your full potential.
As buyer for a our client your role will involve the following:
- consumable purchasing for all 5 sites
- conducting bench marking process to drive cost improvement
- liaising with suppliers to establish costs and lead times
- raising PO's and progress chasing outstanding or urgent PO's
- rate and monitor key suppliers
- attend supplier meetings and negotiations
- control of purchase and reordering of work wear and PPE
- update and process company consumables on QAD
The above list of duties will give you a flavour of the role but is not an exhaustive list, additional duties will be required.
As a buyer for our client you will need the following skills:
- excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to and achieve deadlines
- excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- IT literate
- good team player
If you are interested in this role we would love to hear from you.
Travail Employment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.