Job Title: Buyer / Stores
Location: Burgess Hill
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm
Benefits: Generous pension, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Life Assurance, Healthcare, Cash medical plan, free parking, subsidised café,
Our client, a global leader in their field within the Aviation sector, are looking for someone to join their team as a Buyer / Stores - Logistics Co-ordinator - Stores and Purchasing. This role is fundamentally a purchasing role with some goods-in responsibilities.
A typical day in this role will see you responding to parts and general suppplies requests from the wider Company and purchasing these where necessary from the established global supply list and you will also assist with general purchases for the wider company. Along side this you will ensure all incoming goods are stored appropriately and are recorded as necessary. You will assist in the movement out stock from one location to another and build internal and external relationships to ensure all procurement / stores processes are as efficient and effective as possible. You will also assist in the setting up of meeting rooms so it would be great if you have some IT skills!
- Receive all incoming goods into the Company and process the necessary paperwork.
- Store all received goods as appropriate in the stores area.
- Ensure that the stores area is maintained in an efficient and effective manner.
- Issue stores items as required.
- Prepare goods for despatch and complete the necessary documentation.
- Liaise with Finance as necessary.
- Maintain accurate records of goods received and despatched.
- Liaise with shippers, clearance agents regarding export / import shipping and carnets and HMC&E as necessary, also production of invoices for customs purposes and shipping airway bills as required.
- Manage general Company purchases, as requested via the Purchase Request System.
- Negotiate and place orders with sub-contractors and suppliers to maximise the value of the chosen suppliers to the Company.
- Undertake all administration in connection with general procurement and record relevant data.
- Attend progress meetings and co-ordinate relevant specialist team members, reporting as necessary on Company purchases.
- Provide costings and supplier identification in order to support bids and contracts.
- Assist with the management of quality issues relating to new and existing suppliers, including data management of the ongoing Vendor Database.
- Assist with the IT set up of meeting rooms - Turning PCs and large display monitors on and light troubleshooting where necessary
- Strong IT Skills and an ability to pick up a variety of systems easily
- A broad range of procurement experience, preferably within a high tech environment.
- Understanding of procurement processes.
- Knowledge of computerised procurement systems.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Understanding of stores, goods inwards, procurement processes.
- Knowledge of HM Customs and Excise and general shipping processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of computerised stores systems (Gemini).
- Strong communication skills.
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.