Up to £40k (d.o.e)
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm
Following a continued period of growth, our client are looking for a Design Engineer to join their team. Working for one of the UK's leading secondary steel and architectural steel suppliers, the Design Engineer will be required to produce preliminary construction drawings and detailed manufacturing drawings using Advance Steel. You will enjoy problem solving and identifying solutions to complex problems.
The key responsibilities will be:
* Managing the day-to-day works design activities.
* Ensuring that the works are constructed in accordance with the client and companies requirements.
* Create models using Advance Steel software.
* Produce all material call off, drawings etc from the model.
* Issue drawings to agreed time frames.
* Working day to day along the commercial team.
Reporting directly to the Design Director, the Design Engineer will play a key role within the business and in return have the opportunity to progress as the business grows and receive industry recognised training.
The successful candidate will possess a proven track record within construction related projects. Experience will include performing on-site surveys and producing fabrication steel work drawings. You will have the ability to offer cost effective and creative design solutions to the manufacturability of the equipment and provide practical and cost effective solutions to design modifications whilst offering a forward thinking and self-motivated approach.
To be considered for this role you will also have:
* A valid CSCS ticket
* Experience of AutoCAD and Inventor
* A HND or Certificate within Mechanical Engineering
If you are seeking a Design Engineer / Steelworks Designer / Draughtsman opportunity within a company where you will be recognised for your work and have the opportunity to progress, then please apply for immediate consideration.
Travail Employment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.