£23,000 circa (£10.50ph AM shift, £12.08ph PM shift, overtime at premium rates, M - F 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm rotating, Free Parking, 33 days leave, private healthcare, annual bonus scheme and career opportunities.
We have an opportunity that has arisen, due to a stable yet rapidly expanding company needing to increase the size of their Despatch team to match the recent increase in output. This is a position for a Despatch Operative that can offer a long-term career within a thriving business within the Sheffield area.
Working within the medium sized Despatch team, the successful Despatch Operative will be working as a team to ensure all orders are despatched accurately, on time and within customer requirements. Reporting to the Despatch Supervisor, the despatch operative will be responsible for:
- Accurately interpret sales orders and select, count/weigh, legibly identify, appropriately pack items safely for transportation to customers
- Accurately record despatch information, and generate despatch paperwork using computerised business system
- Manage stores area booking incoming goods onto the system.
- Maintain documentation in a tidy, orderly manner.
- Responsible for inspecting all relevant paperwork for the release of product.
- Using banding equipment to prepare orders for despatch.
- Loading vehicles
- Picking orders
- Complete relevant paperwork for the export of products
- Liaising with other departments to ensure all parts of the order and ready for shipment on time
You should be enthusiastic, driven, self-starter with a 'can do' attitude, who is capable of using their own initiative and able to communicate effectively at all levels. You must be reliable and be able to demonstrate that you can work within a fast-paced environment working to short lead times.
This job would be suitable for someone who has worked on goods in, goods out, dispatch or material handling before or someone who has worked in a production, logistics or manufacturing environment.
Our client is a stable employer with an extremely healthy order book. You will be working in a small close-knit team so must be flexible to work together to achieve department objectives.
- Premium overtime rates
- Monday to Friday only
- Free Car Parking
- 33 days leave
- Private healthcare
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Career opportunities
- Christmas shutdown
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Katie on 0114 276 8228 or email a copy of your CV
Travail Employment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.