Environmental, Health And Safety...
Environmental, Health And Safety Assistant
Job number: 27002134
- Wrexham Branch
- Temporary, Full Time
- £13.33 per hour
- + Free Parking, Fantastic working environment, Canteen, Work uniform provided, Progression opportunities
Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Assistant
£13.33 per hour + free parking + progression opportunities
Temporary - Full time
An exciting opportunity to work for a progressive organisation has arisen for an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Assistant. The purpose of this role is to provide flexible and proactive competent advice, support and assistance to maintain, monitor, review and update lifting equipment & pressure system databases.
This is an extremely exciting, busy and unique role which allows you to get involved with a huge range of activities and really grow your experience within a corporate environment.
• Taking ownership of lifting equipment and pressure system databases.
• Liaising with external third parties to plan, coordinate and execute statutory inspections and examinations.
• Engaging with plant work teams to coordinate the availability of work equipment items to be inspected and examined.
• Taking ownership of any defects / faults identified with work equipment during statutory inspections and examinations and liaising with the key stakeholders to plan and arrange required remedial actions.
• Embracing opportunities to support the development and delivery of environmental and sustainability initiatives and events.
• Lead by example to pro-actively promote safe behaviours and influence a positive safety culture
• Involvement with environmental and sustainability initiatives.
The ideal Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Assistant will have the following skills and abilities:
• Hold a health and safety qualification: - NEBOSH National General Certificate, IOSH, British Safety Council or equivalent.
• Demonstrable experience and knowledge of LOLER 98 and PSSR 2000.
• Excellent planning and organisation skills.
• Proactive and self-sufficient with a positive "Can do" attitude.
• Experience with document control and management systems.
• Highly developed Interpersonal and Communication skills.
• Strong IT skills for all Microsoft office packages.
• Attention to detail, able to work with confidential information and to tight deadlines.
• Flexible approach to hours to be worked.
• Ability to positively manage multiple tasks at any one time.
• Previous experience working within an EHS Team / Function and / or FMCG environment (desirable but not essential).
• Hourly pay rate £13.33 per hour.
• Free Parking.
• 20 days (plus bank holidays) holiday entitlement increasing to 25 (plus bank holidays) after 12 weeks.
• The opportunity to work within a friendly team.
• Progressive thinking company who will provide further technical development.
• Working hours Monday to Friday - 8am to 4pm (with a 30 minute lunch break).
Our client is a global manufacturing company who are leaders in the food industry. They have a fantastic reputation for quality as well as progressive thinking. This is an opportunity for a proactive individual with a passion for Health and Safety to join a company that can offer technical development.
This vacancy is advertised by Travail Employment Group who are acting as an Employment Agency.
To apply for this position, please email a recent copy of your CV to email@example.com or for more information please call 01978 366123. If your application is successful, a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.
All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
Travail Employment Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.