Estimator - Construction / Partitioning...
Estimator - Construction / Partitioning And Glazing
Job number: 26080111
- Burgess Hill Branch
- Permanent, Full Time
- Please enquire
- + Holiday, Pension, bonus, private medical
Job Title: Estimator - Construction / Partitioning and Glazing
Salary: £Very competitive
Location: Burgess Hill
Hours: Monday to Friday - 9am - 5.30pm
Benefits: 23 days holiday + bank holiday, Pension, Discretionary bonus, Private medical, Life cover
We are delighted to be working with our well-established market leading client in their search for an experienced Estimator to join their team.
This role will see you responsible for compiling estimates on how much it would cost to provide customers with the supply of their products and services, costing projects and creating budgets, and training junior members of the team.
The role will suit someone with lots of Estimator experience, ideally gained in the construction industry. You will be IT literate and ideally hold a degree level qualification in Commercial Management (or have a wealth of time served experience under your belt). You will be meticulous with a head for numbers and be able to demonstrate an interest in the product as well as a commitment to your own professional development.
- Examine and analyse tender documentation in order to prepare time, cost, materials and labour estimates
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Consult with clients, suppliers, personnel in internal departments and site personnel to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Confer with relevant personnel on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organising and scheduling work
- Produce analytically priced Bill of Quantities
- Prepare Preliminaries
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting suppliers or subcontractors
- Review material and labour requirements to decide whether it is more cost effective to produce or purchase components
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals throughout the duration of the project
- Conduct relevant reviews to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction
- Establish and maintain the tendering process and conduct negotiations
- Ensure effective handover of tender to construction team
- Maintain knowledge of current market trends, practices and products
- Good communications skills
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to own personal development within the role
- An interest in the business
- To be suitable for this role you will need to have either a degree level qualification in commercial management, or significant experience of estimating in the industry.
- Excellent arithmetic skills
- Good knowledge and experience of using MS Office, Excel, Project and Word, and the experience of using Conquest Estimating Software would be advantageous
- Experience of Estimating in Construction Management
- Experience of managing budgets and plans
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings and understand technical drawings and architect's plans and interpret their content and technical specification
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.