Finance Administrator / Purchase Ledger...
Finance Administrator / Purchase Ledger Assistant
Job number: 26080482
- Burgess Hill Branch
- Permanent, Full Time
- £22,000 per annum
- + FREE PARKING, HOLIDAY, PENSION
Job Title: Finance Administrator / Purchase ledger Assistant
Location: Burgess Hill
Hours: 35 hour week, 9am - 5pm or 8.30am - 4.30pm
Benefits: 20DAY Holiday + BH, Workplace Pension, free fruit, Free parking
We're delighted to be working with our long-standing client in their search for a Finance Administrator / Purchase ledger Assistant to join their team.
Working closely with internal departments, this role will see you processing all purchase invoices from receipt through to payment, as well as ensuring the Purchase Ledger is maintained accurately with relevant CIS and VAT applied.
The role would suit someone with demonstratable skills in a Purchase Ledger / Accounts Payable environment who is looking to secure a role in a busy, dynamic environment.
- Receive and process all subcontractor invoices
- Gaining approval from relevant departments for all invoices
- Inputting invoices to purchase ledger ensuring it is accurately maintained with CIS and VAT accounted for
- Ensure all documentation and checks are up-to-date
- Issuing CIS statements
- Matching POs to Invoices ensuring there are no discrepancies
- Monitor sub-contractor spends and ensure costs are allocated to relevant departments
- Develop relationships with subcontractors, and be the first port of call for all enquiries relating to subcontractor invoicing
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong IT Skills and confidence using programs such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience using Sage / Navision - desirable
- Experience in a Purchase Ledger environment
- Good communication skills and ability to discuss financial information with a non-finance staff
- Awareness of financial processes and requirements in a service/construction company - desirable
- Application of Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) and VAT - desirable
- Ability to work proactively, positively, efficiently and effectively
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.