Lead Quality Engineer
Lead Quality Engineer
Harrogate area, Contract role up to £40ph, Immediate start.
Lead Quality Engineer required for NPI project in the Automotive industry. You will work on challenging projects managing the APQP function to ensure the smooth introduction of new products into the manufacturing facility.
As the Quality Lead you will:
- Document the PMT Feasibility Checklist
- Ensure the relevance and the consistency of quality commitments
- Collect the last update of Customer Specific Requirements and their analysis. Assess the ability to meet them and share them with the RFQ team.
- Prepare and document the Customer Q-files
- Establish and update defect eradication plans.
- Create specifications and ensure customer validation prior to manufacture.
- Perform the Checking Fixtures approvals
- Check the conformity of the 3D inspection reports and the R&R studies.
- Ensure FMEA methodology is properly applied and customer specific requirements are taken into account.
- Manage customer complaints or critical issues and ensure all product potential non conformities are analysed and implement corrective actions
- Establish control plans on the basis of FMEAs
- Participate in weekly meetings, project reviews and meetings with customers.
- Apply customer procedures and communicate the deliverables in accordance with the project schedule
- Establish the PPAP files to guarantee obtaining the PSWs
- Ensure conformity of the product delivered to the customer throughout the development process.
- Validate the conformity of the inspection reports of prototype and pre-series parts.
- Guarantee the manufacturing process qualification
- Participate in the preparation and execution of customer and IATF audits.
- Guarantee the achievement of the quality objectives defined in RFQ and Project at the SOP. Manage the related action plans.
You will be:
- Ideally have worked in 1st tier automotive supply.
- Be an excellent communicator able to manage clients effectively.
- Perform in a highly pressurised environment and be able to run multiple projects simultaneously.
- Hold a relevant Engineering Degree
- Be fully conversant with core quality and problem solving tools
- Be highly organised, driven and customer focused.
- Have worked within NPD ort NPI previously.
- Have confident project management experience
Call Yasemin at Travail on 01423 530138 for more information.
Travail Employment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.