Job number: 69519959
- Harrogate Branch
- Temporary, Full Time
- £300.00 to £400.00 per hour
Contract position 6 month +
£300-400 per day
Manufacturing business in the Harrogate are seek a Material Controller for an interim period of 6 months plus.
The role of Material Controller includes:
- Expediting and rescheduling open orders to suit production planning requirements
- Challenge purchasing agreements to optimise orders (packaging methods, transport schedules, minimum orders, firm windows)
- Responsibility for stock value
- Review historical data - purchasing and sales trends to provide greater decision-making.
- Responsible for Supplier Relationship management
- Monitor supplier and repost on performance
- Provide input in developing departmental strategies for inventory on existing items, new product introduction and phase-outs.
- Understanding of supply chain integration touch points from supplier through manufacturing.
- Interact with MPS planners to understand forecast drivers.
- Analyse and manage risk in the supply chain
- Ensure all transport is correctly utilised.
- Contribute to productivity savings through improved MRP control.
- Work with production to establish effective Kanban levels of raw material on production cells.
- Work with Warehouse supervisors on quantities/levels of stock holding.
- Attend daily logistics meetings to aid with prioritisation and coordination of duties.
Required Skills :
- You will come from a material planning background in manufacturing
- Have experience in identifying and implementing successful improvements within a similar role
- Have confident MRP / SAP knowledge
- Be organised, Organised, Proactive, Logical and Analytical
- Be a good communicator, negotiator able to influence people effectively
- Be a happy to undertake a contract position and be available to start immediately
Call Yasemin at Travail on 01423 530138
Travail Employment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.