Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
12 month fixed term contract
Oswestry, commutable from Wrexham, Shrewsbury
Competitive - please enquire
Monday to Friday
Early finish on a Friday
33 days holiday
A progressive manufacturing firm are looking to recruit Mechanical Design Engineer to join their successful team of Design Engineers and Technicians. The appointed candidate will be responsible for development of the specification of components and systems used within the various products striving to achieve class leading performance
• Own and manage the creation of mechanical design solutions to support the progression of New Product Development, from concept to implementation
• Own and manage resolution of product issues including obsolescence, with a drive to improve reliability, performance and cost optimisation.
• Analyse issues to achieve robust root cause
• Create CAD models and drawings in Inventor and design specifications
• Co-ordinate the design with other parties including all relevant internal departments, external development partners and suppliers
• Lead prototyping, in-house testing, field testing and compliance testing
• Ensure all solutions are designed for manufacture
• Ensure all design solutions are compliant with all relevant standards
• Prepare and execute validation plans for design solutions
• Prepare Engineering change documentation
• Actively participate in R&D projects, closely work with R&D colleagues in different locations
• Prepare documentation required to complete the technical file for all designs prepared
• Provide expert Engineering support and mentor colleagues
• Demonstrable passion for Engineering
• Demonstrable drive for personal progression
• Competent in 3D solid modelling and drawing generation, preferably in Inventor
• Possess current driving license
• Competent in Microsoft office applications
Our client is a successful and long established business who design, manufacture and distribute their products worldwide. They are recognised as being at the cutting edge of their sector technology and have a strong reputation for service and quality.
• Monday to Friday
• 33 days holiday
• Contributory Pension
• Excellent employee benefits
• Potential permanent opportunities
This vacancy is advertised by Travail Employment Group who are acting as an Employment Agency.
To apply for this position, please email a recent copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information please call 01978 366123. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.
All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
vail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
Travail Employment Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.