Mobile Technician / Engineer / Vehicle...
Mobile Technician / Engineer / Vehicle Adaptation
Job number: 26080340
- Burgess Hill Branch
- Permanent, Full Time
- £30,000 per annum
- + 28 days holiday (inc. Bank Holidays)
Job Title: Mobile Technician / Engineer / Vehicle Adaptation
Location: Near Haywards Heath and the South East
Salary: £30,000 dependant on skills and experience
Hours: Monday - Friday
Start Date: As soon as possible
Benefits: 28 days holiday (inc. Bank Holidays), Pension, Bonus scheme (after 12 months), Company Van, Mobile phone, uniform
Our Client is a family run business with many years' experience of adapting motor vehicles for drivers and passengers with disabilities, who pride themselves on offering excellent service and support to all of their customers and suppliers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out a variety of straightforward, complex and bespoke electrical and mechanical installations of modifications and adaptations into vehicles, both on site at client premises and at the Head Office in Bolney. This role requires a strong multi-skilled engineering background and excellent fabrication skills. Training on the specific adaptations and modifications utilised by our clients will be provided, but a natural aptitude for mechanical and electrical installations is required.
In this varied and interesting role, you will be responsible for:
- The installation and modification of a variety of aids including wheelchair hoists, hand controls and other adaptations needed within customer vehicles.
- Working from a fully fitted company vehicle and covering the South East of England and will be required to travel to client's homes and car dealerships.
- Working from the company workshop, based near Haywards Heath.
- Following standard fitting instructions and use own initiative to overcome any complications as they may arise.
- Reading and interpreting wiring diagrams to ensure that wiring is correctly installed.
- Carrying out fabrication / welding duties as required.
- Problem solving - having the capability to engineer themselves out of a situation independently.
- Attending training as and when required.
- Completing all activities in accordance with company Health & Safety regulations.
- Maintaining an awareness of company Quality Assurance requirements.
- Taking a positive and proactive approach to the promotion of all aspects of the company.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Confidence in undertaking modifications/adaptations to motor vehicles
- Confidence in all-round fabrication and welding
- The confidence to problem solve
- Knowledge and understanding of vehicle electrics and electronics (an advantage)
- A Full UK driving license
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.