Job number: 26080652g
- Burgess Hill Branch
- Permanent, Full Time
- £19,188 per annum
- + 25 days holiday, Free lunch, Pension
Job Title: Nursery Assistant
Location: Burgess Hill
Hours: 5 days a week, 35hours per week, shifts between 7.30am and 6.30pm Monday to Friday (rota basis)
Salary: £19188 per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, free lunch, generous Pension scheme
Are you an experienced Nursery Assistant? Do you have a Level 2 or above childcare qualification? Are you looking to work in a rewarding environment, at an Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' school?
We are working exclusively with our wonderful client in their search for an experienced Nursey Assistant to join their early years team.
As Nursery Assistant you will endeavour to create a happy and stimulating environment where children can develop to the full their emotional, physical, social and intellectual potential in an attractive, safe and healthy environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist with outings, Christmas singing and parties, sports events, coffee mornings and fundraising activities.
- Attend sessions for new children/parents.
- As a keyworker, maintain relevant children's developmental records.
- Establish caring relationships with children and parents within an equal opportunity and non-judgemental framework
- Maintain high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and safety within the secure environment of the Nursery, whilst preparing mid-session drinks and snacks for the children
- Assist with the preparation of tasks and activities as necessary for the creation of the Nursery environment.
- Assist in the setting up and clearing away of activities.
- Assist the children in the toilets. Change the children if they have an accident and are wet or have soiled their underwear.
- Photocopying of work sheets etc, displays in the classrooms.
- Minimum of Level 2 childcare qualification such as NVQ Level 2, pre-school diploma or NNEB.
- Good track record and experience of working with pre-school children aged 2½ to school age
- Good working knowledge of current legislation and monitoring requirements under the EYFS
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work productively with pupils, colleagues, parents and outside agencies
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Willingness to play a full part in the wide range of activities with which the nursery team is involved
- Flexible approach to duties
- Musical talent/ability to play an instrument (desired)
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.