Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Burgess Hill
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am till 5.30pm with 1-hour lunch.
Benefits: Holiday, Parking, Pension
We're delighted to be working with a successful manufacturing business in their search for an Operations Manager to join their team.
Working closely with the Sales, Finance and Production teams, this role will oversee and manage the day-to-day operational side of the company, ensuring that sales requirements are met efficiently, production facilities and teams are managed, and key performance indicators reported. You will also be instrumental in Planning for future growth, managing change and regularly reporting progress.
Responsible for People, Process, Materials and Equipment in all departments from pre-production, cutting and printing of materials, ordering, stock management and installation of our products.
- Recruit, motivate, manage and retain a team of qualified and skilled personnel needed to achieve the required company performance, with timely turnaround.
- Ensure that the highest level of customer care is maintained throughout the customer journey. This includes; pre-sales, production, on time delivery, and after-sales service.
- Build and develop a rewarding environment to motivate and empower all members of the team.
- Manage and co-ordinate all activities associated with the design, templating, production and delivery/installation of all products and services in accordance with our QA system, ISO 9001.
- Organise and manage the team and processes to achieve optimum productivity and performance.
- Ensure all processes and procedures are documented and implemented consistently by all team members.
- Work with all team members and senior management to constantly review and refine the overall operation of the business (LEAN methodology) to deliver optimum gross margin without compromising quality and delivery times.
- Maintain a high personal profile and assume a leading role in all product development and design activity.
- Work with the sales team to provide support and technical assistance when requested, for pricing and timing, to help secure new commercial contracts
- Develop good working relationships with all suppliers and where appropriate, negotiate on behalf of the company for supply of materials and resources
- Previous management experience of operating at senior level within a medium sized business
- Reliable, committed and enthusiastic about all aspects of the business to staff and suppliers / clients alike.
- Experience of small batch ad-hoc manufacturing and print management.
- Understanding of the full product development cycle from design to manufacture and fitting
- Excellent leadership with management skills to motivate all staff to achieve their full potential
- Good communication skills and experience of dealing direct with customers
- Clear reporting (written and communication) skills
- Ability to take initiative including the ability to develop and implement solutions to potential issues as they arise
- Results driven individual used to working in a dynamic environment
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.