Production Team Leader / Production...
Production Team Leader / Production Supervisor
Job number: 73007790
- Sheffield Branch
- Permanent, Full Time
- £28,000 to £32,000 per annum
- + Plus bonus
Production Team Leader / Supervisor
£28,000 - £32,000 plus bonus
Days Monday - Friday 7.30am until 4.30pm (42.5 hour week)
An envious benefits package consisting of 33 days annual leave (including stats), Westfield Healthcare Scheme, Life Assurance scheme, Contributory pension scheme, free car parking, company sick pay scheme, uniform and staff canteen. Additional benefits including company further education programs and working for an employer who boasts an impressive staff retention rate.
We are proud to be working in partnership with one of our long standing Sheffield based clients. This is a unique opportunity to join this well established business whom has recently boasted record year on year profits. Their 90,000sq ft purpose built manufacturing facility has recently been extended as a result of their recent development and product innovation. Currently employing 260 people at their Sheffield site with a further 200 based at other sites. Our client is a customer-focused business with ambitious growth plans.
Working as Production Team Leader / Supervisor you must have proven experience of managing a team. We are looking for an experienced Supervisor / Team Leader that can add value to the team by introducing new processes and procedures to improve efficiency within the team. A strong understanding and ability to demonstrate examples of managing Health and Safety within the workplace is essential.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Leading a team of 15 production operators across 5 departments in a manufacturing environment and give support and advice to the team.
- Co-ordinate and plan materials, tasks and manning to maximise productivity.
- Lean manufacturing techniques & 5s to improve everyday tasks.
- Deliver tool box talks and production meetings on a daily basis.
- Establish clear, tangible and challenging production targets, monitor performance and continuously improve.
- Conduct safety audits, risk assessments, safety tours, safety briefs and employee engagement meetings.
- Liaise with other departments, shifts and areas of the business.
- Set and operate a range of metal forming, pressing equipment and assembly tasks.
- Conducting return to work interviews and handling investigatory in line with company policies.
Previous experience in an engineering manufacturing environment and man management experience is essential. A supervisory certificate and engineering / six sigma qualification are desirable. This role would suit an experienced Team Leader / Supervisor with a strong machining or production background.
If you wish to apply for this position please click apply now, email your CV or call Charlie on 01142 768228 for any further information.
Travail Employment Group are advertising this vacancy and its services in this instance as an Employment Agency.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.