Part Time Property Manager required for local residential management company working 16 hours per week. Although there is a board of 7 that run the management company you will have complete autonomy on a day to day basis.
Job Title: Property Manager
Hours: 16 hours per week to be worked at your discretion
Pay Rate: £14.90 ph
Our client has been operating since the 1980's and has a total of 153 properties, 3/4 of which are let either privately or via managing agents. Having met both the current post holder and one of the main directors I can vouch that this will be a lovely job for someone who is looking for a bit of responsibility but without the pressure of a full time role. You will need to have either property experience or have worked in a role with financial responsibility.
Your role will involve the following duties:
- once a year working on budgets for the following year which involves getting quotes on running costs
- carrying out H&S inspection twice a year which involves reviewing Risk Assessments
- keeping tenants details up to date, including logging of new tenants and liaising with either the private owner or managing agent
- organising a annual Board Meeting to set the budget for the coming year
- make any necessary adjustments to the budget after the board meeting
- preparing meeting agendas and producing minutes of the meetings
- manage routine and unexpected maintenance issues
- taking payments from tenants as necessary and banking the said payments
- dealing with queries form managing agents and estate agents over property sales or rent
For your application to be successful you will need to make sure the following skills are in your CV:
- property management experience
- financial responsibility
- experience of managing your own workload
The current post holder is due to leave at the beginning of October but our client is prepared to take someone on sooner rather than later so they get a good understanding of the role and all its facets.
Travail Employment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.