Job number: 61519821
- Bristol Branch
- Permanent, Full Time
- £40,000 to £400,000 per annum
- + 33 hols, pension
An established, stable and friendly Aerospace Engineering company are recruiting for a Quality Engineer with development opportunity to manage the Quality team in the future due to planned retirement. Starting salary £35 - £40,000, 33 hols and pension.
Job title: Quality Engineer/ Aerospace Quality Engineer
Salary: £35 - £40,000 depending on experience
Benefits: Pension, 33 days holiday, parking
Hours: 38 hours a week 7am- 4pm Monday to Thursday, Friday 7am to 11am
Location: Bristol, BS10
The Quality Engineer/ Aerospace Quality Engineers position will involve working as a key member of the business, in a highly proactive and responsible role, offering the opportunity to progress to the Quality Manager's position due to planned retirement in around 18 months' time.
The Quality Engineer/ Aerospace Quality Engineer should possess the technical, leadership skills and ambition to co-ordinate a small team of quality inspectors ensuring all customer product and process quality requirements are successfully implemented and continually improved in line with AS9100. The role will with develop over the next 18 months with a view to become the Quality manager reporting directly to the MD.
- Self-motivated with a high level of organisational and communicational skills.
- Methodical and accurate interpretation of customer drawings, specifications and other information.
- Working knowledge of AS9100 and ideally experience with the quality requirements of companies like Airbus, Rolls Royce, Collins Aerospace and Dowty Propellors.
- Practical experience of RCCA, APQP, FMEA, SPC, 6S and other quality related techniques
- Technical and practical knowledge of general machining including turning, milling, grinding.
- Practical use of standard measuring equipment and the use of CMM's would be advantageous
- Computer literate in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word etc)
- Manage and support a small team of inspectors and deputise for the Quality Manager.
- Support the business in all quality activities ensuring customer and business targets are achieved.
- Provide input into the manufacturing and inspection of new and existing products ensuring appropriate error proofing, gauging and process controls.
- Investigate product non-conformities and implement robust preventive actions.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers on quality issues.
- Provide quality performance KPI's and drive improvement activities.
- Take a hands-on approach in product inspection activities as and when required
- Perform internal audits and supplier audits as and when required
The Quality Engineer/ Aerospace Quality Engineer should have a related engineering background, Qualified to a minimum of HNC level, or equivalent experience with at least 5 years of practical experience of implementing quality related activities within a manufacturing organization.
The company offer the opportunity to work in a stable and friendly environment with a good benefits package including, starting salary of £35 - £40,000 with the opportunity for progression, 38 hours a week 7am- 4pm Monday to Thursday, Friday 7am to 11am, Benefits: Pension, 33 days holiday, parking.
Travail Employment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.