Temporary Kitchen Porter
Temporary Kitchen Porter
Job number: 26080877
- Burgess Hill Branch
- Temporary, Full Time
- £8.91 per hour
Job Title: Temporary Kitchen Porter
Salary: £8.91 per hour
Location: Burgess Hill (outskirts - own transport required)
Hours: 45 hours per week, Monday - Friday 9am to 7pm
Benefits: Weekly Pay, Holiday Accrual, Free Parking
We are delighted to be working with our client who are seeking a Temporary Kitchen Porter to join their busy team.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has previous experience in a similar role and who is ambitious and eager to progress.
This role is key in assisting the Head Chef responsible for the day-to-day operation of the catering dining room and bar facilities, including internal and external client meetings and functions.
- Be part of the catering team, supporting the serving of meals and catering requirements across our catering outlets to a high standard
- Ensure everyone using the catering facilities is treated politely and courteously
- Maintain kitchen areas and storage areas to ensure they are kept in a clean and hygienic condition. Keep up to date with food safety guidelines and legislation to ensure compliance
- Ensure deep cleaning tasks are completed
- Carry out manual washing up of catering pots, pans and other equipment
- Make sure cleaning schedules are followed and tasks are completed
- Maintain cleaning and food temperature records
- Ensure food wastage is kept to a minimum by carrying out strict portion control
- Comply with food hygiene regulations by wearing the appropriate clean protective clothing
- Ensure all stock is stored appropriately and stock rotation procedures are followed
- Cover for functions requiring catering during holiday periods and at weekends and evenings
- Ensure meal eligibility procedures for students, staff and guests are followed at all times
- Assist in all areas of the catering operations
- Current Food Hygiene Certificate is essential
- A catering qualification or minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar position
- A passion for good food
- Able and willing to undertake manual handling duties.
- Able to demonstrate great customer service skills
- An outgoing, approachable and flexible manner
Able to work well in a team and under pressure
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Business. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.